What Are Cookies
A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on your computer or mobile device that contains data related to a website you visit. It may allow a website to “remember” your actions or preferences over a period of time, or it may contain data related to the function or delivery of the site. Cookies can be set by the owner of the website or in some cases by third party services the website owner allows to present other information, run content or advertisements, or provide other functionality such as analytics.
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies
In order to utilise cookies (or any similar technologies) on a website, user consent is normally required (as set out in Regulation 5(3) of the ePrivacy Regulations). Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), consent must be a clear, affirmative act, freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous. However, consent is not needed where the cookie or other technology is strictly necessary to provide a service which has been explicitly requested by the user, e.g. cookies which may be needed to provide the user with a functioning website which they want to access.
When you visit our website, you will be given the option to consent or not to consent to Cookies such as Third Party Cookies, (see below). You have the right to revoke this consent at any time simply by changing your preference.
Within your browser you can normally choose whether you wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you and so we provide links below to popular manufacturers’ instructions on how you can do this. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use (‘third party cookies’), or those from specific websites.
Google Analytics (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9976101?hl=en)
Google AdSense (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9976101?hl=en)
Google Chrome (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9976101?hl=en)
Safari Mobile (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265)
Be aware that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit..
- Account related cookies
- Login related cookies
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time, we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense click on the above link We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not. then you can contact us by email: [email protected]